Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Hurricane, an American Lecture, and a Lazy Susan Dinner- Days 7 & 8

On our 7th day at TU, we went to our second Chinese language class, where we learned a few more phrases and did some origami! No, origami isn't Chinese but it definitely kept us occupied. 



My sad little crane 

After our origami/Chinese class, we had an exceptionally long lunch break. This was much needed for me because I had quite a headache. When it was over, we boarded the bus again to tour the lake near the TU campus... Little did I know, it would rain like there was a hurricane. It was so unexpected and we all huddled under our umbrellas because the bus left us!


I took this clear-skied picture maybe 10 minutes before the downpour began.. 





And then, there we were, struggling to keep our cameras dry in the Chinese hurricane.

After this, we went to a park. I didn't bring my camera this time, for fear of another drenching. I wish I had, though, because the park we visited was beautiful! After our park tour, we went back to the campus, dried off, showered, threw on some clothes and went to dinner.

After playing some cards in Lea and Whitney's room, we went to bed and geared up for day 8.



DAY 8

After breakfast, we went to our Chinese literature class. We discussed a very famous play in Chinese literature called "A Dream in Red Mansions" and then some of the Chinese students performed a small part of it. 




After Chinese literature class and lunch, we went to Dr. Reed's lecture. She lectured on her typical daily routines as an American English professor. 




After Dr. Reed's lecture, we went and waited for dinner.  The girl that played narrator in the morning's lecture was our hostess- she took us to a Traditional Chinese restaurant that featured a Lazy Susan. The food we had was amazing. 



Fish soup


An eggplant dish

I was so excited about eating that I didn't even take that many pictures of the food!

After that amazing dinner, we tried to hurry back on campus for English Corner. Again, we didn't make it there on time, so we just ended up hanging out in the rooms for the rest of the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment